FTJ FundChoice would like to help you successfully navigate this tax season with security tips and best practices to prevent identify theft and fraud.
Phishing, which is one strategy used by fraudsters today, uses fraudulent emails to extract sensitive information from the receiver. These emails can be hard to identify and may use:
- The names of real people
- Authentic imagery
- Links to genuine websites
- Seemingly legitimate email addresses
ftj | FundChoice Security Policies
To maintain the highest level of security, we would like to remind you that ftj | FundChoice will never request sensitive information in written correspondence, including:
- Advisor or client account numbers
- Social security numbers
- Banking information
- Birth dates or other personal identification information
Other Ways to Prevent Identity Theft
- Avoid carrying documents with your social security number or account information.
- Don’t provide personal information over the phone unless you are familiar with the requester.
- Run an annual credit report to ensure the absence of fraudulent accounts (free reports available at Experian, Transunion, and Equifax).